Even the softest of hues can make a big difference.

Help end child hunger

Sunday, April 13, 2008

paint me.

I could be happier. I try to be. Happy. Happier. Although I vaguely remember someone telling me once one shouldn't try so hard to be happy, else it's not really happiness that comes, if ever a similar feeling comes. It's going to be a delusion, not the real happiness. Or maybe just a feeling one got to feign. It works for some. But not really for long. And it gets taxing, too.

I try to be someone I'm not. Someone more, someone less than who I really am -- all depends on how you look at it, really. Less expression, more detachment. Whereas I would have yelled or laughed out loud or even danced to my hips' content, I'd bite the insides of my cheeks now. And look away. Sometimes, I let myself smile and maybe laugh a bit. Just two "Haha!"s suffice.

But I do try to understand that the world does not revolve around myself nor around any single human being or physical thing, for that matter. That truth exists -- it has always existed. But whereas before it was just a cliche that hung around along with the other "Early to bed, early to rise..." lines, it is now a spoonful of wisdom I'd have to force myself to swallow daily, if not every quarter of a day or so.

It's not that hard to be un-feeling. It's just when the reality of it -- of you trying your damnedest to feel nothing -- creeps in on you that sucks the most.

1 comment:

Borealis said...

of awakenings...

awakenings are not really enlightenment, when we are awakened we could not truly say we are 'enlightened'... yet of being enlightened, well, if we admit we have been - stayed - in the dark, 'then there is light', we could say we were just scared.., of knowing, the truth? at its ugliest? who defines ugly?? but when we say, we have awakened, maybe, we had been lost in slumber, tried to sleep our sorrows to oblivion... we dint want to wake up to such a horrible world in front of us.

i like awakenings better. these are all awakenings...

i dont know if im making sense at all, or whether this comment is relevant in any way to your entry.

but well, yeah. im lost traveller myself... of what else this life unfolds, id still stick with my awakenings... from all my nightmares, there would still be that beautiful smile of the sun kissing my cheek when i wake up.

yes, thank God for awakenings.