Even the softest of hues can make a big difference.

Help end child hunger

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ode to Paranoia

You hug me:
you want to stay.
I breathe in your intoxicating perfume:
I know it will stay in my system for a while,
for a while.

I'm fighting the urge to keep you -
you are bad for me
but I feel safer with you around.
You keep me safe;
you keep me sane

or insane? As I ponder,
you hug me some more.
Too tightly,
as if you are begging me
to listen to your logic.
And I am listening,
though you might be bad for me.

I fall silent
and inhale the reality you bring;
you loosen your hold and Hope springs.
You stand beside each other
and will me to choose.

And I can't.
It would have been easier
if one of you fought for me -
harder than the other.
Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

And I choose
neither
and both.
I hold my ground
and wait for reality.

2 comments:

Borealis said...

hmm... i wanted to say i hope this is not fictional again. on the contrary, should this be not fiction, i wonder who the characters are (by this in my mind im matching faces and images).

anyhow, you'd know by now what i'm in love about. yes that. the idea of.

love.

i hope you'd find yours, the happy one, especially, one that is not detrimental to your heart - or health, or other people's.

let yourself stay there for a moment. be happy :)

nicona said...

let me take a guess....