Even the softest of hues can make a big difference.

Help end child hunger

Friday, September 10, 2010

Flashback

I try to forget the cruelty, the vile deeds, the hypocrisy in your ways -- but reality's too sneaky: it comes up whenever we least expect it to.

At that one moment, I let my guard down and there, there it was. It crept into my head and ruined every chance I had of ending the night in peace.

Now, I am reminded of the way you hid things from us, your supposed family, your lies, your dastardly actions. You ruined things for me. You destroyed every respect I had for you: I could never look you in the eye again and say that you DO NOT creep me out, disgust me, or disappoint me. I could never take your words as truth ever again.

Everything you would say is presumed to be lies unless proven - by proof beyond reasonable doubt - otherwise.

And I am reminded of the parasites that cling to your every limb. Those who are just waiting for the dole out. And I plummet to an all-time low.

Yes, I may despise you for everything that you did and did not do to and for me. But, I tell you: I am not stupid enough to let go and waive my rights. It's not actually what you think.

I am proud to say that it is not the value of the rights I seek to fight for. It is deliverance for own self.

And I will bring you and the parasites around you your very own judgment.

So even if it irritates me, I will move in your midst to see to it that MY own ends meet. Revenge and the last laugh will be mine.

2 comments:

Borealis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Borealis said...

Woe betide those who inflict, or threat to inflict harm on thee.

We're with you, you know that right? :)