Even the softest of hues can make a big difference.

Help end child hunger

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

before I soak my aching feet in hot water...

There's something awfully lonely about christmas.

The cold air? The malls and busy streets jammed with people thinking about presents, bonuses, and the inevitable traffic jam?

Nothing about humanity in between, save in the minds of the charitable few.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not persecuting the happy people. Neither do I want to be a scrooge. And, no, I don't believe writing "WORLD PEACE" there on my grown-up Christmas list, so to speak, would actually change the world for the better.

I'm just thinking out loud. Being stuck in Shaw Boulevard after being ditched by a taxicab driver I had commissioned (for a lack of a better word) in Rockwell to take me home to Quezon City due to the heavy traffic in EDSA does that to you.

Christmas can really be the loneliest time of the year. And I'm feeling the blues too much to even write anything else.

1 comment:

Borealis said...

yeah im not a fan of the holidays myself.. yet i make sure i get whatever i could get from it... spending time with my friends and drinking til we drop and lose ourselves!!! it's the holidays baby!!

seriously tho, i for one also find it hard to really appreciate this so-called season of the year (capitalist issues aside)... but well it does make us grateful somehow of the things we've gone through (good or bad) for the year... at least we came out of it alive right?

don't worry you're not alone (we're weirdos so to speak)... let's just eat our hearts out this holiday!!! next year will be another ride... hold on tight ;)