Even the softest of hues can make a big difference.

Help end child hunger

Sunday, January 11, 2009

cheer up.

*published with permission from both Friend and Higala*

Friend:So, why?
Higala: Because I can't go.
Friend: I dare not ask why.
Higala: I can't cope with the aftermath.
Friend: I'm sorry.
Higala: I believe in making things work. If you just continue holding on and making things work, it will work.
Friend: I dont know whether you are something amazing or just plain old fool. Perhaps both. Lagi ka sigurong mag isa nung bata ka. At nung lumalaki ka -
Higala: Kapag may kasama na ko, ayokong pakawalan.
Friend: Happiness is integral. Otherwise, you will have a patchwork relationship.
Higala: I want a stable relationship.
Friend: Stable, huh?
Higala: Ah... Love, love, love.
Friend: Perhaps there is still hope for jerks like us.
Higala: Of course. For jerks like you guys, there are fools like me.
Friend: What a pair that makes.

...
Friend: I hope you don't change that quick smiling attitude and cheerfulness despite agony which at times annoys, since i think the world needs more of that because we have grown to be more realistic.
Higala: SO, I'M NOT REALISTIC?!?
Friend: Realistic in the sense that we don't dare see whats beyond. We take things as [they are]. And perhaps the reason you smile and be happy and perky is because you see something more.
Higala: I dare not tell you but... I am near-sighted.

...
Higala: Thanks, Friend, for cheering me up.
Friend: No problem, your [j]ester is glad to be of service.
Higala: Wait. Knock knock.
Friend: What?
Higala: You're supposed to say, "who's there?"
Friend: Who's there?
Higala: Jester.
Friend: Jester who?
Higala: Jesterday. All my troubles seemed so far away...
Friend: *cricket*

No comments: