Even the softest of hues can make a big difference.

Help end child hunger

Monday, March 2, 2009

Thinking of you

I put my ipod on shuffle this morning, turned on the speakers and proceeded to have breakfast. Thinking of you.

I was catapulted into a contemplative stupor. Then another song I didn't want to hear came on. Just the strings. No words. Purely instrumental. But that other song, still. The odds.

I turned the ipod off, turned my laptop on, logged into imeem, and played a random song. I left it on and went to take a shower. Of course when the song I had chosen finished, imeem automatically chose another song to play. Thinking of you.

With shampoo on my hair and soap in my eyes, what could I do but shower and listen.

Good thing that when I finished, imeem was already playing something by Paramore.

I dressed up, turned my laptop off, got into the car, and turned the radio on. Thinking of you. WTF. And I mean, "What The (FRIGGIN') F*CK is wrong with the world today?

On the way home, I had the same story. No, it didn't play when I got into my car while still in the parking lot. But about 2 minutes away from my house, it did. I forced myself to listen.

Nobody would be thinking of me, I'm sure.

Katy Perry, I refuse to like your song.

4 comments:

GREEKHOPLITE said...

got nothing else to do right now so I just scanned through your blogm just finished three books, a cartoon about a frog and old kermit the frog muppets show, ahh, I still am immature and childish.

no worries about your predicament, I think people sometimes in the midst of hindsight just think of people out of the blue, that is how life is. it isnt a straight line, nor is it a circle as the Hindi's think it is, it is for the lack of a better word for it, a static, it goes around, its curves, it goes straight, it isnt exact and sometimes when you least expect it, things happen. bah, drivel from me again, Ill just watch the frog again, at least it makes me forget my problems.

Lei said...

Haha! I remember back then, you brought a frog (or were there two frogs?) and they escaped from your bag and you just chased after them, breaking through lines and scaring people to death - basically, causing a big commotion.

twas kinda funny. :)

GREEKHOPLITE said...

the old me didnt know how good he had it. alas, hindsight, the frogs, that was Philip's fault, ah, I still blame him for that, might have been my fault...

GREEKHOPLITE said...

hey lei, if you get online, ym me all right, just need someone to talk to, most of my friends are guys and they just say move on... want a woman's perspective.