Even the softest of hues can make a big difference.

Help end child hunger

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I say

no more to masochistic adventures and "end-less" roads.

no more to hot, senseless pursuits, to one-sided devotions.

I am no saint. But I also don't want to be the losing sinner.

I was at home in that insane whirlwind but got scared of being spewed out a little too early.

to stay means to subject myself to whiplash.

to leave means I'd only have might-have-beens to look back at.

but there will never be might-have-beens, cause there never was.

"Whatta laugh." But I'm not laughing.

I wasn't supposed to think about this, but I am. I am drawing castles in the air.

the breeze chills me. And it reminds me of a faint perfume. Not mine. Never mine.

"Walk away?"

I wasn't supposed to be here in the first place. My own feet just thought wrong. Even my instincts failed me. My heart? Leave my heart out of this.

there isn't anything here for me to wait for. Not even hope for.

you have never been here with me.

your home was elsewhere, but I had the gall to think otherwise.

what I think must be said, but think otherwise.

"I know", but I don't really want to listen to words that would further crush my pride.

I could have been. I could be. But, no. My chances are frugal. Possibilities though endless, remain in my head.

you think this line of thought is inappropriate. I think it is only fitting.

"Walk away."



I say, I will.

---- And I will.

4 comments:

Borealis said...

congratulations!

you've emancipated yourself. how brave you are my dear.

we're just here, you know that right?

sigh. *hugs*

Lei said...

Haha! Chang!!! I performed last night at our Night of the Arts at One Esplanade near MOA. Didn't invite you guys cause I was so sure I'd mess up and it was friggin' far. But I didn't!!! Hehe.

Jules also performed. :)

Hope to see you today. :)

GREEKHOPLITE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GREEKHOPLITE said...

Interesting... heard you were writing prose and are using post frost style for poetry and doing those midnight poetry gigs. I tend to be nonchalant about about such, nonetheless, how are you ms tabios? btw I read you like chatting with interesting people, quite.