Even the softest of hues can make a big difference.

Help end child hunger

Monday, November 15, 2010

Hide and Seek

Cichlids are very interesting fish. They're active and colorful; you can spend hours just watching them and not get bored.

Problem is, they tend to fight with each other. A LOT. So at the end of a short period of time, you're left with the alpha male or female. And him/her alone.

I started with about 8 fish in a pretty big tank. Then I was down to 1.

Her name's Coldplay. And yes, she's yellow.Yellow on Twitpic

The Boi also had an aquarium filled with cichlids. Had is the operative word since he finally had it with his little kids behaving like they're on Survivor. So he gave his Alpha Male to me, with the hope that Coldplay, my Alpha Female, and his Alpha Male, which I had baptized Elvis, will bond over time.

But then Elvis, ever the shy kid, just spends his time hiding. Hide and Seek on Twitpic

Ahh. Kids.

No comments: