Even the softest of hues can make a big difference.

Help end child hunger

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

University of the Philippines, revisited

I started to jog regularly, as part of my training program for The Bull Runner's second Dream Marathon. Sometimes, I run in Makati. Other times, I run in my head (especially during those days when the rain just won't stop). 




UP naming mahal
But on the best days, I go back to my collegiate alma mater and join the other joggers, skaters, students, employees, and... just everybody, around the oval (or at UP's backstreets when I'm with another runner).


Off the trail



Shades of life
The campus still feels like home. Driving along University Avenue, towards the Oblation, you feel UP's arms welcoming you into its folds. I'd felt these arms even back when I was in grade school and passing through UP in my schoolbus. 




And even when I've already graduated from the University, I always go back to walk...


Through the lagoon, to the unknown




 think, pass the time...




Lovers
Picnic




 and now, to run.


Run, blue-man! Run!
Hingal
My trail would frequently just be round the academic oval. Two times, for short runs. More, for longer ones. Although there would be times when I would stray from my usual path and go elsewhere - but still within the campus.
The Carillon
Peeking from behind





This time, though, I did not go as a runner. I went... to just walk, taking pictures whenever the light or scene interested me. 


Paghabi




Leave your bikes behind


Sunset







Come away, come away...

Skipper

4 comments:

Borealis said...

yes im deeply envious about the pics.

i do miss these moments too - from running - or jogging, whichever fits.

sigh.

nicona said...

nice images.ingggit....hmppp...

Anonymous said...

nice pictures..
:D
laisoon

Lei said...

Thanks guys.
One day, let's all walk around together. (Without any complaints or bratty comments from you, Jenesaisquoi.)