Even the softest of hues can make a big difference.

Help end child hunger

Saturday, July 19, 2008

tight-lipped

[Create message]
Hi babe. Good morning! Hope you have a great day ahead... :)
[Message sent]

I woke up with you on my mind. Are you awake? Have you eaten? Are you going to be late for your class? I wonder what your thoughts are upon waking up. I wonder how it would be like waking up in the morning and finding myself beside you. I think that would be quite nice. And just the thought of looking at you while you sleep, hearing you snore noisily while I'm attempting to hide a chuckle, and kissing your cheek good morning bring a smile to my lips.

[Create message]
Hi babe. Wala lang. I think I did well in my first class today. :)
[Message sent]

Snippets of good vibes. News about my life. However small some joys could be for me, I enjoy sharing them with you. It's not that I'm bragging - small nods from professors aren't really an awards-night experience. But they make me feel good, positive, somehow. And I want to share that feeling - however ordinary - with you. I want you to be proud of me. I know I am not really an exceptional person, that I don't really excel in anything. I can't move mountains. I can't even say a paragraph's worth of sense. But I'd like for you to be happy that you have me. Yes. Happy.

[Create message]
Hi dear... Wala lang. I love you. Thank you for everything. :)
[Message sent]

There. I've said it, although there are a million more things I want to tell you, but I know you have other things to do and long messages - especially corny ones - aren't really up your alley. I can't help it, though. I'm a hopeless romantic, although I think some cynicism has already polluted my brain. I'm the walk-in-the-rain-under-the-same-umbrella type. I snort when our classmates get huge bouquets of assorted flowers from their men but it's usually just due to envy. I like simple gestures of affections: a surprise visit, a home-cooked meal, a peck on the cheek, a smile from you when we're among our friends, a gentle squeeze of my hand. These things live in one's memory as the scent of fresh blooms enliven springtime. But of course, I usually keep these ideas to myself. They aren't really up your alley.

[Create message]
Hi... Hmmm... Kinda sad. Wala lang. Take care always.
[Message sent]

There are times when I feel lonely. Alone. Sad. I'd like to talk to someone I trust and care for. Someone I know who'd care. I'd like to talk to you. I'm thinking of calling you up, sharing with you the story behind my sadness. Maybe I'd cry. Maybe I'd feel better almost immediately after you pick up. But I can't be so sure. I know you don't like it when I cry. You'd put down the phone and I'd be alone once again. And I'd want to call you up again but I can only do that if I stop crying. So I'd will myself to stop, wipe away the renegade tears, and force myself to forget my troubles. More often than not, the method works and I would immediately feel stupid for crying in the first place, although I think a part of me would still be crushed. My problems won't go away.
On the other hand, even if I don't get to cry, you might not want to talk - to me at the moment, or about my troubles. We both have a lot in our hands but I know you're busier than I could ever be. I should spare you the bother. And so I just send a generic message and hope you'd reply. If not, I'd blog. Or call my friends. Or just cry by myself.

[Create message]
Hi babe. Wala lang... I miss you. Wala lang.
[Message sent]

I want to talk to you. There's a lot I want to say. I want to be in your arms. I want to feel your arms.
But you might be asleep.
But you might be busy.
But I'm scared you might not want to listen.

1 comment:

nicona said...

you're really into him that much huh? It always surprises me how you start half liking a guy and end up smitten and all over him. When this started I wasn't even a bit convinced you liked the guy. I was thinking you're way too better for him. Or that he should be thankful you looked backwards and decided to give him a chance. But then, once again(?) the tables have turned. You suddenly find yourself INTO this person. Honestly, I still doubt -- but then you always fall for the cuddly, comfy persons. I don't know how to reassure you though-- I've messed up a lot with my positivist self the last time. But then, as Tan-tan haspointed out-- they're different persons and not all guys are like 'you know who', so I guess that's a good sign. Besides, I've drank and talked with this guy severaltimes --- he gets along with different kinds of people, that's another good sign. He could be different. It's something to hope and pray for.Just don't worry too much, otherwise you might be breaking your heart far too earlier than it should (God forbid!)...Is this any help at all? If not? We could always rely on red horse. hehe. though that's definitely not your style. Gosh...I miss blogging!!!